Animal Control Officer: James Molloy
City of Lakin Animal Pound
200 North Cemetery Road - Lakin, KS 67860
Office: 121 North Main Street - Lakin, KS 67860
Please contact the city office: For complaints concerning animals.
REGISTRATION AND VACCINATION REQUIRED:
- Every owner of any dog over two months of age shall register with the city clerk his and her name and address with the name, sex and description of each dog owned and kept within the city and shall register the dog each year thereafter. It shall be unlawful for the owner of any such dog to fail to maintain current registration of such dog.
- The owner of any dog four months of age or older shall present a current, completed certificate of immunization against rabies. Registration shall be void without evidence of this document, and it shall be unlawful for the owner of any dog described in (a) above to fail to maintain effective rabies immunization of such dog.
- The city clerk shall collect an annual registration fee of $2 for each dog.
- The registration year shall be from January 1st through December 31st of each year. The fee shall be payable before March 1st of each year without penalty.
- Every owner or harborer of dog or dogs who shall fail to register the same prior to the 1st day of March of each year shall pay in addition to the registration fee hereinabove provided a penalty fee for late registration of $10. There shall be a registration grace period of 30 days given to new residents and newly acquired dogs.
The Lakin City Code addresses a number of animal issues. (Click Here)
- Dog At-Large
- Impoundment of Animals
- Animal Bites
- Vicious Animals
- Noisy Animals
- Cat Registration
- Keeping of Livestock
- Other Animals